Monday 1 September 2014

Fashion in Vienna and Prague


Hey Smudgers,

Well college starts next week so yesterday I finished up my job working at XR Marketing :( but the fun doesn't end there as right now I'm on a bus up to Dublin with the crew to go to the annual business rally in The Lighthouse Cinema in Smithfield! I learned so much from this job. 
I know people have their reservations about commission based work but honestly, for my age group, I think it's the perfect job; my pay check every week was based on my own hard work and effort, if I was lazy I didn't make money that day but if I worked my ass off I got my recognition. I dealt with rejection on a daily basis and while it sounds like it would tear you down, I built my cobnfidence up by miles and took on an indifferent attitude to those who were rude to me and keep a smile on my face. Commission jobs create amazing work ethic for those who stick with it, and I'd recommend it to any college student for the summer! 

I'm so hungry right now and all I can think of is that amazing lunch we had in the Gaslight Bar (Hotel Meyrick, Galway) at #itwbn. Lovely menu there and right in the heart of the city Gaslight as a lunch Venus. 
Open each day for coffees and scones from 10 and then you can get a delicious meal from 11am to 10pm. Whether your thing is fancy sambos, wraps, soups or big juicy mains for two or a party of more, the friendly staff won't keep you waiting. Ideal location for your mum's next birthday, your brother's engagement bash, or a classy work night out :) 
A hopping House DJ will play your tune while you sip cocktails and nibble on party food on weekends. Or go out with the fam any night of the week at 2 courses for €23 or 3 for €30. 
Always great fun to a unique theme and feel free to join the Gaslight Bar for their next Supper Club on the 26th of September for a "Taste on the Bay" as they conduct a playful fish themed menu to celebrate the Galway International Oyster Festival! Nom! 

Speaking of Festivals, I have recently returned from the FM4 Frequency Festival in St Polzen, Austria ^_^ it was AMAZING; if you like the kinds of Jimmy Eat World, Rudimental, Blink 182, Queens of the Stone Age, and Lily Allen - then this is the festival for you! 
It's mucky I won't lie but fancy pentagon shaped bathrooms await you in the arena (if you don't mind waiting in line), but crazy stalls offering piercings, clothes, temporary tattoos and food fit for rockers are scattered everywhere! This year's theme was outer space so the stages had "We Come In Peace" signs and robotic invaders dotted on boards.


But let's talk fashion; Festival was mostly ripped jeans with boots, statement tank tops, floral backpacks, leather jackets with studs or plaid shirts, and baseball caps :) 

 




Moving away from the festival and down to beautiful Vienna; the Daily wear was very efficient, jeans being an essential part of this. T-shirts and jackets, runners and sensible flats. Lots of v necks actually.... And not a heel in sight! Like everyone was pretty tall anyway but no heels were worn on the Austrain streets. 

And then I got a 4/5 hour bus to Prague aka Praha! Now I didn't plan my trip abroad in the slightest, usually I do something but yolo, so when I hopped into a taxi to the wonderful Art Noveau Palace Hotel and the guy says, "That'll be 480" - I went white until the nice man told me that was like €6 :) so remember that €1 is 27.90 czk and don't be surprised is you get a bill of 1,000!! 
The fashion in Prague is much the same as Vienna but it's more easy to spot the fashion conscience people; they walk with their designer label bags in the streets of the Old Town, there's usually a pair of shades somewhere on their apparel, and they look serious. People on a mission! 
If you need a place to go for lovely food, music and some fun in Prague, I'd suggest going to Caffreys Irish Bar in Old Town - amazing fun, and the hot bartender is actually from Wexford :) I had to laugh at the Irish Car Bomb beer! 


  
Well that's all from me Smudgers, almost at Dublin now! 
XOXO
F.S. 
      

No comments: